If you have something you'd like to raise with us, read through below to find out how you can contact us about a complaint.
What to do if you have a complaint
If you have a complaint about a search or any aspect of our service, please contact us as follows:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 0207 186 8090
- Post: InfoTrack Ltd, 91 Waterloo Road, London, SE1 8RT
As soon as we receive your complaint
- We will acknowledge in writing within five working days of receipt. If your complaint was not made in writing, we will also confirm our understanding of the complaint made.
- We will try to resolve your complaint fully within 20 working days. If there are valid reasons why it may take longer to consider your complaint, we will keep you fully informed in writing (or via telephone or email if you prefer) and provide a response within a maximum of 40 working days.
- We will also liaise, at your request, with anyone acting on your behalf.
After we have investigated your complaint
Once we have completed our investigation we will send you a final response about your complaint in writing, supported by reasons for our decision.
If you are not satisfied with our final response
If you are not satisfied with the final response or we have exceeded the response timescales, you may refer your complaint to The Property Ombudsman scheme (TPOs). This gives you access to an independent dispute resolution service that will make a fair and reasonable judgement of your complaint. The Ombudsman can award compensation of up to £5,000 if it finds that you have suffered actual financial loss and/or aggravation, distress or inconvenience as a result of us failing to keep to the Code.
TPO contact details:
Post: The Property Ombudsman Scheme, Milford House, 43-55 Milford Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP1 2BP
Phone: 01722 333306
Fax: 01722 332296
We will co-operate fully with TPO whilst it investigates any complaint and will comply with any decision it makes.
If your complaint relates to a third party
If your complaint relates to a search or services carried out by a third party, we will make contact with them on your behalf and provide details of your complaint. We will confirm this to you in writing within 5 days of receipt of your complaint, and provide their contact details. They will be responsible for responding to you directly regarding your complaint.