A powerful suite of bank-grade electronic verification tools to authenticate your clients, including identity and document checks, and source of funds.
Verification of Identity and Funds
Client identity verification checks are an essential part of the due diligence process for law firms. Typically, firms have relied on physical documents and in-person meetings which can delay the client onboarding process and transaction times. Validating ID, documents, and source of funds can be a burden on your firm. We believe it should be easier. It’s why we’ve developed our Verification of Identity (VOI) and Verification of Funds (VOF) solutions, providing a powerful suite of technology that delivers bank-grade electronic ID confirmation.
Completing an identity check is faster and more secure than ever with electronic ID verification. Built into our eCOS onboarding workspace, there’s no need for you or your clients to download and access separate applications. Everything you need to verify the identity of your clients, their documents, and source of funds is accessible within a single platform, powered by the latest global biometric identification technology.
What is Verification of Identity (VOI)?
Using biometric technology powered by Jumio, your clients can verify their identity from anywhere in the world. All that is required is a valid form of ID and a suitable device. Each authentication references the ID to determine whether it is genuine or fraudulent and covers over 3,500 document types in more than 200 countries. Results are trusted by brands including HSBC, Metro Bank, Monzo, Barclays, TSB, Nationwide and more.
What is Verification of Funds (VOF)?
A digital tool that captures real-time data from your client’s bank accounts to verify the source of funds, VOF is seamless and mobile-optimised. Empowering your clients to access their bank accounts within their secure eCOS client onboarding workspace, data captured is sent back to your case without the use of email or uploaded PDFs. Fully encrypted with access to the largest bank and neobanks in Europe, InfoTrack is an FCA accredited Agent of Truelayer.
Benefits of using VOI and VOF
- A completely electronic ID check and source of funds authentication.
- Fulfilling your compliance obligations with improved practices and data sources.
- Protecting your client by using ID validation technology that helps in preventing fraudulent and criminal activity.
- Providing real-time bank account and transactional data.
- Reducing the risk of errors that lead to insurance claims.
- Reducing risk for all parties in any transaction including lenders, clients, and agents.
- VOI and VOF are available as part of eCOS, your electronic client onboarding solution, or as an independent solution.